Sunday 23 May 2010

Ultravox @ Hammersmith Apollo

Kath and I covered the Return to Eden Part 2 gig for Glasswerk in April. I only know a few Ultravox songs including, of course, Vienna (which I once played to death on a pool hall jukebox). But I recognised more songs than I thought I would, and I liked all the rest. Fantastic concert. They were on top form. It probably even made it into my top 10 gigs of all time.
Ended up chatting to a guy on the tube who caught one of the drumsticks, and he gave it to me because he's "more into football stuff". It's not worth anything, obviously, but this is quite possibly one of my top 10 random cool events of all time.




Arno Carstens (ex Springbok Nude Girls frontman) was the support act. It was good to hear some of his new stuff, but I do miss the Nudies.

No comments:

Post a Comment