Monday 30 May 2011

Freya Klara

A few weeks ago, I hired a Nikon D300s and the 35mm 1.4G lens for the weekend (to do a baby shoot which I had booked a few days before I lost all my stuff). Afterwards I met up with some friends in Spitalfields market, and I just had to try it out on their brand new baby. She looks impressed, no?

Freya Klara

The nice thing about hiring gear is that you can try out different bodies and lenses before choosing one. I'll have to buy a new camera, of course - it's not so much fun getting to know a new camera a few hours before a job - but hiring lenses instead of buying them is, for the time being, a no-brainer.

I always use Fixation. Whenever I try to book a lens which is not available (in this case, the D7000), they give me a better one for the same price. You won't ever hear me complaining about that kind of service.

No comments:

Post a Comment