Monday 15 February 2010

Love Britain Shortlist

Boasting about being shortlisted for a photography competition must be one of the top five ways of kicking off a brand new photoblog, don't you think? Winning would, of course, be the best way, but we can't wait for that to happen!
So, here it is, my entry for TNT Magazine's Love Britain competition.


I completely forgot I had entered the competition, so getting an email from the magazine this afternoon was a very nice surprise. And not only because it meant I didn't have to think too hard at all about what to put on this blog.
It also took my mind off the fifty-six million, eight thousand, one hundred and thirteen pounds and twenty pence I didn't win on Saturday.

If you want, you can visit the TNT website and vote for my pic. The winner of the Readers Choice Awards wins two weeks' campervan hire to explore Britain, and would I say no to that? No, I won't!

And although the first and second prizes won't make me the 980th richest person in Britain, they're not bad either. The winner gets £1,000 worth of travel vouchers and the runner up gets two eight-day national rail passes. With train prices being as expensive as they are, I'm not convinced this isn't worth more than the first prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment